OUR JACKSONVILLE FIRM HAS NEARLY ONE CENTURY OF COMBINED TRIAL EXPERIENCE
Orr | Cook is a dedicated litigation law firm on the First Coast. Our Team has the experience and resources to handle catastrophic injury claims and class action lawsuits. We fight for justice, which may mean representing a plaintiff injured by another person or corporation, or defending an unfairly targeted individual or entity against an unfounded liability claim.
PLAINTIFF’S PERSONAL INJURY REPRESENTATION
Our Firm represents plaintiffs who have sustained serious injuries, including brain damage, spinal damage, amputations and loss of vision or hearing. We tenaciously pursue damages for past and future medical treatment, loss wages, diminished earning capacity, pain, suffering and reduced capacity to enjoy life. Our Team helps victims of:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — We regularly litigate the most severe motor vehicle collisions, often involving motorcycles, trucks, boats, ATVs, bicyclists and pedestrians. Our lawyers effectively negotiate with insurance companies to recover the maximum damages possible.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims — Florida law requires every registered vehicle to carry a minimum amount of automobile insurance. As a result, almost one-quarter of drivers in Florida are uninsured and many more motorists are underinsured. The result of this problem can be devastating as there may not be enough insurance in place to pay for damages caused in a serious accident. Our Firm will pursue UM benefits under your own insurance policy when a third-party causing the accident has little to no insurance.
- Construction Accidents — Construction is one of the most dangerous occupations. However, accidents should be rare if contractors and equipment suppliers act responsibly and comply with Federal and Florida standards. We assess who is at fault for a worksite injury and often hold multiple parties accountable for their role in causing an accident.
- Medical Malpractice — A medical provider has a duty to perform to the same standards as another professional in her or his profession. When this duty is breached, you may have a cause of action for medical malpractice. Negligence claims may involve a doctor, surgeon, nurse, dentist, hospital, lab or any other medical professional or entity.
- Wrongful Death — Our lawyers show compassion and respect to the family members of fatal injury victims as we help them seek justice. We pursue financial damages that are often crucial to a family’s well-being during the weeks and years following their tragic loss.
- Premise Liability — Property owners have a duty to keep their premises in good condition and warn guests and invitees of known dangers. Even trespassers have rights when they enter poorly maintained property containing open and obvious hazards. We help clients recover for injuries suffered in falls, animal attacks, swimming pool accidents and toxic torts.
- Products Liability — Effective representation in a products liability claim requires extensive research, the financial wherewithal to challenge big corporations, and polished litigation skills. Our attorneys have the substantial knowledge and the network of experts to prove defects in automobiles, appliances, equipment, food, medical devices, pharmaceuticals and other products utilized in one’s day to day life.
PERSONAL INJURY DEFENSE
A personal injury claim based upon inaccurate or exaggerated data can send a company or individual into financial ruin. In some cases, the plaintiffs may see their injuries as an opportunity for monetary gain, regardless of who was actually at fault. While in other cases, plaintiffs are not even injured and yet insist on pursuing a claim. Our Firm has a reputation for vigorously defending these type of fraudulent or exaggerated cases and will take a strong stance at mediation and through trial to ensure that the truth prevails.
CONSULT WITH OUR NORTHEAST FLORIDA LAW FIRM
Get the help you need with your personal injury case from Orr | Cook. Schedule an appointment with our personal injury trial lawyers by calling us at 904.358.8300 or contacting our Firm online.