Michael Fox Orr focuses his practice on complex commercial and civil matters typically in high stakes or high-profile litigation. These cases regularly involve class actions, professional liability, legal malpractice, medical malpractice, shareholder disputes, insurance, wrongful death, serious personal injury, trusts, estates, and a wide array of business matters. He has tried more than 15 jury trials to verdict, tried several bench trials, and has argued before 4 of the 5 District Courts of Appeal in Florida, with successful opinions in each. Michael’s work for the legal profession is robust. Approximately 15 years in Florida Bar and Jacksonville Bar leadership positions have culminated in Michael being elected to the Executive Committee of The Florida Bar Board of Governors, his re-election as one of two elected lawyers representing all lawyers and judges in the Fourth Judicial Circuit, and his position as President-Elect of The Jacksonville Bar.
On July 1, 2020, Michael began serving as co-Chair-elect of the Disciplinary Review Committee for The Florida Bar, which oversees the prosecution and appeals for disciplinary violations by Florida lawyers and recommends policy on lawyer regulation and disciplinary matters. At that same time, Michael serves as Chair of the Board Review Committee on Professional Ethics which reviews advisory ethics opinions issued to Florida lawyers and appealed to the Board of Governors.
Michael’s success in the courtroom and hard work for the profession have resulted in an extensive list of select professional distinctions and associations, some of which include:
- Florida Bar Board of Governors (elected by lawyers/judges) (current)
- Jacksonville Bar Board of Governors (elected by lawyers/judges) (current)
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Executive Committee (appointed by lawyers/judges) (past)
- Civil Rules of Procedure Committee, Florida Bar (appointed by the President of the Bar) (past)
- Florida Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism (past)
- Florida Supreme Court Historical Society Board of Trustees (current)
- Florida Bar Practicing with Professionalism Chair/Moderator (past)
- Florida Bar YLD Board of Governors (served as President & in multiple chair positions (past)
- Jacksonville Bar YLS Board of Governors (served as President & in multiple chair positions) (past)